edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: DevelopmentStreamScopeTest - compile errors due to StreamScopeTest
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 14:38:31 GMT
Thanks for your response.

I do have a utils in my .classpath file, but it is not /utils

<classpathentry kind="src" path="utils”/>

Closing and opening the project does not fix the problem.

Susans-MBP-429:incubator-quarks susancline$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

	modified:   connectors/.classpath
	modified:   console/.classpath
	modified:   providers/.classpath
	modified:   providers/.project
	modified:   samples/.classpath
	modified:   test/.classpath
	modified:   utils/.classpath

I don’t have a top level project, I just have individual projects.

What I am trying to accomplish is to perform a build in eclipse.  It seemed like something
new users might want - to have all of their eclipse projects build without errors.  Following
the instructions here:

http://quarks.incubator.apache.org/docs/quarks-getting-started.html

are not clear, and I thought it would be good to clarify these instructions for new users
so everything builds correctly.

Thanks,

Susan

> In your eclipse workspace, with Eclipse building quarks, it’s providers/.classpath
that makes StreamsScopeTest.class available when DevelopmentStreamScopeTest is built.  That
.classpath include a “src” entry for /utils.  And utils/streamscope/test.classes/quarks/test/streamscope/StreamScopeTest.class
should be present.

> I’m unclear in what you’re trying to — what sort of thing this new project constitutes.
 What’s in the new project’s .classpath?

> If you “close” your new project, does the workspace still have build problems?  What
does “git status” report?

> — Dale
>

>> On Jun 6, 2016, at 3:26 PM, Susan Cline <home4slc@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’m trying to set up a new project in eclipse for quarks.  After adding the target/java8/lib
jars to most of my projects everything seems to be building in Eclipse correctly except for
DevelopmentStreamScopeTest.java.