edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <oskssaund...@gmail.com>
Subject Renaming Quarks
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 20:49:15 GMT
I researched the Quarks name and took the findings to the Quarks PMC.  Due
to the name not being unique enough, the PMC has determined that we should
rename our project.

I am calling for ideas for a new name, keeping in mind the following from
the web site on suitable names (
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#elimination).  Please provide
your ideas or comment on your preferences.

To be suitable, a name needs to be

   - judged *appropriate* by the wider community; and
   - *unique enough* to avoid confusion

If I have enough ideas, I will probably put together a list for
discussion/vote early next week.  To start, here are some ideas some of my
colleagues suggested:

Pipir - (2 pi r) -- i.e. everything on the edge; and pronounced piper

Tringa (a wading piper) - http://tringa.com/index.php?submit=about

[image: Inline image 1]
 Tringa came with a suggestion for a logo

[image: Inline image 4]

Nyquist

Mist

Diztil - play on distil