edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmars...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Renaming Quarks
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 22:22:43 GMT
On 5/17/16 1:49 PM, Kathy Saunders wrote:

> I am calling for ideas for a new name, keeping in mind the following
> from the web site on suitable names
> (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#elimination).  Please
> provide your ideas or comment on your preferences.

Thanks Kathy for starting this conversation.

I'd suggest starting a Wiki page with suggestions as images won't appear
in the archives. Also this would provide a place to specifically
contribute ideas and images.

On the name itself I don't have specific suggestions, but it might be a
good idea to stick with something that starts with a consonant, so the
documentation doesn't have to be reviewed and changed from a Quarks ...
to an Avowelname ...

Kathey