edgent-dev mailing list archives

From James Cancilla <cancilla.stre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Instructions for Android
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 20:08:06 GMT
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your help. I was able to get my application working with the
information you provided.

There are 2 additional steps that I had to do that I want to mention in
case someone else tries this:

1. When I added the 'quarks' directory to app/libs, I had to navigate into
each of the sub-directories, right-click on the jar files and select "Add
to library...". I'm not sure if there is an easier way to do this in
Android Studio.
2. When I first tried to add the code to resolve the connectivity issue,
Android Studio could not find ProviderInstaller. I had to add the following
lines to the build.gradle file:

dependencies {
    compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:8.4.0'
}

Thanks,
James