edgent-dev mailing list archives

From William Marshall <wcmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reminder to build the web-site after merging pull requests
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 17:30:19 GMT
*>  For 1,  is this the git mirror or the apache site (I think apache)?
what is the exact sequence of git commands to update my branch with the
pull request change? Are these correct?*
For this, the four commands you listed seem correct to me in that they
update your branch, fetch the changes, and merge the PR changes into your
master.

> *1a) - do the jekyll command ?*
Not at this stage. The jekyll command is optionally run after running
build.sh to ensure the website was built correctly.

*For 2*
Yup

*4) I’m confused what this means: ‘At this point you should be on the
asf-site branch.’  Wasn’t I always there?*
You were initially on master, and running build.sh switches you to asf-site
with the changes ready to push to origin/asf-site.

In order, the commands you run should look like similar to this:

    git checkout master                                    # switch to
master
    git pull origin master                                   # update master
    git pull origin asf-site                                  # update
asf-site
    git fetch mirror pull/<XX>/head:pr-XX        # fetch the changes from
the pull request
    git merge pr-XX                                          # update
master with the PR's changes
    git push origin master                                 # push updated
master to apache git repo
    ./build.sh                                                     #
Generate the html files, switch to asf-site, and update it
    git push origin asf-site                                # push updated
asf-site to apache git repo