edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Cook <ac...@umn.edu>
Subject Javadoc warning when trying to contribute sample
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:49:33 GMT
Hi,

I have developed a Quarks Watson IoT Platform sample that connects to a
real range/proximity sensor using Pi4J that I would like to contribute to
Quarks. It fits in with this recipe that I wrote:
https://developer.ibm.com/recipes/tutorials/apache-quarks-on-pi-to-watson-iot-foundation/
.

I have updated the build.xml to exclude my sample since the dependency on
Pi4J leads to errors. However, I am still getting failures from Javadoc
warnings. In order to exclude the sample from Javadoc, I followed this
solution:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6060998/how-can-i-make-an-ant-javadoc-class-exclude-two-files
(supposedly allowing me to exclude multiple locations). Here is the code of
interest:

        <fileset dir="${basedir}">
           <include name="*/*/src/main/java/**/*.java"/>
           <exclude name="android/**"/>
            <exclude
name="samples/scenarios/src/main/java/quarks/samples/scenarios/**"/>
         </fileset>
  <packageset dir="${basedir}">
  <include name="*/*/src/main/java/**/*.java"/>
  </packageset>

This seemed to work, except now I get these warnings for code that I never
touched:

  [javadoc] javadoc: warning - Multiple sources of package comments found
for package "javax.servlet"
  [javadoc] javadoc: warning - Multiple sources of package comments found
for package "javax.servlet.http"
  [javadoc] Standard Doclet version 1.8.0
  [javadoc] Building tree for all the packages and classes...
  [javadoc]
/home/streamsadmin/git/incubator-quarks/connectors/iotf/src/main/java/quarks/connectors/iotf/IotfDevice.java:60:
warning - Tag @see: reference not found: quarks.connectors.iot Quarks
generic device model

Are these warnings I should actually fix, or am I doing something wrong?

You can see the changes I have made here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks/compare/master...Alex-Cook4:master

The files of interest will be build.xml, common-build.xml,
and samples/scenarios/build.xml.
Thanks for the help!

Alex