edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Cook <ac...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Javadoc warning when trying to contribute sample
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 21:02:32 GMT
I've been digging into this more.

The errors are resulting because of a package name that includes a dash in
it. Shouldn't the folder names be something like javax.websocket.client
instead of -client?
  [javadoc] javadoc: error - Illegal package name:
"connectors.javax.websocket-client.src.main.java.quarks.javax.websocket.impl"
  [javadoc] javadoc: error - Illegal package name:
"connectors.wsclient-javax.websocket.src.main.java.quarks.connectors.wsclient.javax.websocket"
  [javadoc] javadoc: error - Illegal package name:
"connectors.wsclient-javax.websocket.src.main.java.quarks.connectors.wsclient.javax.websocket.runtime"

I also get this warning:
  [javadoc] javadoc: warning - No source files for package
connectors.quarks.javax.websocket.src.main.java.quarks.javax.websocket

I'm not sure why I'm getting that warning since there actually is a source
file there: QuarksSslContainerProvider.java

Do people agree that the setup is wrong? Should I change the folder names
in the connectors package? Or is this a problem with how I'm doing the
build since the folder names at that level aren't really part of the
package name?

Here is the latest comparison:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks/compare/master...Alex-Cook4:master

Thanks for the help!

Here is what I'm using for the javadoc build now:

        <fileset dir="${basedir}">
           <include name="*/*/src/main/java/*"/>
           <exclude name="android/**"/>
           <exclude
name="samples/scenarios/src/main/java/quarks/samples/scenarios/**"/>
         </fileset>
  <packageset dir="${basedir}">
  <include name="*/*/src/main/java/**"/>
  </packageset>