edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Reminder to build the web-site after merging pull requests
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 23:15:41 GMT
I’m still confused about how, as a committer to make web site pull requests.  I’m looking
at the information on the REAME.md
for committers (https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks-website/blob/master/README.md <https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks-website/blob/master/README.md>):

If you are a committer, do the following:

Update the master branch with your (or a Pull Request's) change.
Push updated master to the asf remote master (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-quarks-site.git
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-quarks-site.git>)
Run build.sh from the master branch directory (requires jekyll). This checks out and updates
the asf-site branch with a new commit of the build from the current branch

At this point, you should be on the asf-site branch. Simply push this branch to the asf remote
with  git push origin asf-site and the site will automatically be updated within seconds.

Note: If you want to try out the website locally on the asf-site branch before you push, you
can do so with jekyll serve -d content --skip-initial-build and point your browser to http://localhost:4000

For 1,  is this the git mirror or the apache site (I think apache)?  what is the exact sequence
of git commands to update my branch with the pull request change?
Are these correct?

git checkout master
git pull
git fetch mirror pull/<XX>/head:pr-XX
git merge pr-XX

1a) - do the jekyll command ?
jekyll serve -d content —skip-initial-build

For 2,
git push origin master

3) run build.sh

4) I’m confused what this means: ‘At this point you should be on the asa-site branch.’
 Wasn’t I always there?

Susan