edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: 8 pending pull requests on incubator-quarks-website?
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 20:21:19 GMT
When I try to install Jekyll I  get this:

Susans-MBP-247:~ susancline$ gem install jekyll
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::FilePermissionError)
    You don't have write permissions for the /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.0.0 directory.

Googling for that error shows this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14607193/installing-gem-or-updating-rubygems-fails-with-permissions-error
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14607193/installing-gem-or-updating-rubygems-fails-with-permissions-error>

 which implies I should install rubygems (?) using rbenv.

I did not want to mess up my environment, so was hoping someone else had run into this and
could advise.

Susan