edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc warning when trying to contribute sample
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:05:02 GMT
Caveat: I’m not an “ant” wizzard :)

At a high level, independent of the problem you’re encountering, the new exclude of "samples/scenarios/src/main/java/quarks/samples/scenarios/**”
seems logically inappropriate since there's also the quarks.samples.scenarios.iotf package
and IotfFullScenario.java under that dir which shouldn’t be excluded, right?

One thing to perhaps try is to revert build.xml and add your new “quarks.samples.scenarios.iotf.range.sensor”
package to the existing javadoc task param decl:

 excludepackagenames="quarks.connectors.runtime,quarks.connectors.*.runtime,quarks.console.*,quarks.topology.spi.*,quarks.graph.spi.*"

Or perhaps revert build.xml and try changing the <sourcepath><dirset> to use an
“excludes” parameter instead of nested <exclude> element?  e.g. something like:
	<sourcepath>
		<dirset excludes=“android/**,samples/scenarios/**/iotf/range/sensor”>
			<include name=“*/*/src/main/java”/>
		</dirset>
	</sourcepath>

I noticed the following in the ant javadoc task doc:
	"Note: many problems with running javadoc stem from command lines that have become too long
- even though the error message doesn't give the slightest hint this may be the problem. If
you encounter problems with the task, try to set the useexternalfile attribute to true first.
Maybe your changes triggered that problem?"

There seem to be other general issues with the javadoc handling.  There’s a “Quarks SPI”
group declared, but since the above is excluding the spi packages, that group doesn’t get
generated… and there’s no spi related javadoc.   But removing those spi exclusions causes
the spi packages to show up in the Quarks API group and that’s no good.

Since that excludepackagenames has “quarks.connectors.*.runtime”, a single level wildcard,
the Quarks Connectors javadoc group ends up with quarks.connectors.wsclient.javax.websocket.runtime.
 It should be specifying a multi-level wildcard “**”.

— Dale