eagle-user mailing list archives

From Jean Rossier <j...@sqooba.io>
Subject HDFS Data Activity Monitoring with eagle 0.5.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:23:36 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to setup the HDFS data activity monitoring stream (as explained
here http://eagle.apache.org/docs/hdfs-data-activity-monitoring.html), but
I don't see any logs flowing into my Kafka topic.

Is there anything to do that is not on the quick start page (mentioned
above) ?

One thing that surprised me, is that I don't have any log4jkafka folder in
/usr/hdp/current/eagle/lib/ (I'm using eagle 0.5.0-SNAPSHOT, from current
master branch). I'm supposed to add the libs from this folder to
the HADOOP_CLASSPATH env variable. I moved them by hand in the proper
folder, but, still, I don't see any logs flowing into my Kafka topic.

I don't see any error regarding kafka in the HDFS audit logs. There are,
though, some solr exceptions but I guess it shouldn't impact the stream I'm
interested in.

Thanks
Jean