dubbo-dev mailing list archives

From htynkn@gmail.com <hty...@gmail.com>
Subject Unstable test for HessianProtocolTest
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2018 00:57:32 GMT
hey team,

I notice two fail for HessianProtocolTest in travis CI. but it will pass next time if you
trigger CI again.

The fail test file is com.alibaba.dubbo.rpc.protocol.hessian.HessianProtocolTest and console
logs:
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.609 sec <<< FAILURE!
- in com.alibaba.dubbo.rpc.protocol.hessian.HessianProtocolTest
testHttpClient(com.alibaba.dubbo.rpc.protocol.hessian.HessianProtocolTest)  Time elapsed:
0.662 sec  <<< ERROR!
com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianRuntimeException: com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException:
'ï¿¿' is an unknown code
	at com.alibaba.dubbo.rpc.protocol.hessian.HessianProtocolTest.testHttpClient(HessianProtocolTest.java:83)
Caused by: com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: 'ï¿¿' is an unknown code
	at com.alibaba.dubbo.rpc.protocol.hessian.HessianProtocolTest.testHttpClient(HessianProtocolTest.java:83)

testHessianProtocol(com.alibaba.dubbo.rpc.protocol.hessian.HessianProtocolTest)  Time elapsed:
0.004 sec  <<< ERROR!
com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianRuntimeException: com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException:
'ï¿¿' is an unknown code
	at com.alibaba.dubbo.rpc.protocol.hessian.HessianProtocolTest.testHessianProtocol(HessianProtocolTest.java:48)
Caused by: com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: 'ï¿¿' is an unknown code
	at com.alibaba.dubbo.rpc.protocol.hessian.HessianProtocolTest.testHessianProtocol(HessianProtocolTest.java:48

For now, I can only reproduce this issue in travis ci with jdk9 (refer to logs: https://api.travis-ci.org/v3/job/365133362/log.txt).
I also did some test with my own machine:

Mac 10.13.2 with Jdk7, Jdk8 and Jdk9 can't reproduce this issue
Window 8 with jdk8 can reproduce this issue, I run test 1000 times, 247 of them are fail.

The only thing I can think about is hessian.overload.method config for hessian protocol. After
I set this value to true in test. I can't reproduce this issue both in travis ci(refer to
https://api.travis-ci.org/v3/job/365152345/log.txt) and my own machine.

It maybe a potential code issue or some unit test issue. But anyway I think it's something
need to investigate.

Any thoughts?