dubbo-dev mailing list archives

From htynkn@gmail.com <hty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Suggestion] PR failing if test coverage went down
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2018 03:07:24 GMT
yeah. I understand your concern.

This is a common requirement for coverage calc service. Codecov support this feature.
In codecov.yml, we can config threshold value which allow the coverage to drop by X%, and
posting a success status.

Regards,
Yunkun Huang

On 2018/04/10 06:36:03, Huxing Zhang <huxing@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I generally agree with the idea that we should prevent a pull request
> to be merged if the code coverage gets lower.
>
> But my concern is the code coverage might have a minor drop even when
> just fixing typo[1], which makes confused.
>
> Unless we can figure it out, or I think it will be better if we can
> set a threshold.
>
> For example, if the code coverage drops >=0.1%, prevent the PR to be merged.
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/1562
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:21 AM, htynkn <htynkn@163.com> wrote:
> > hey team,
> >

> > In pull request template(https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/blob/master/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md),
this is one item to ask all pr to

> >    "Write necessary unit-test to verify your logic correction"
> >

> > Codecov has feature to fail PR if test coverage went down. Which means for any pull
request, if it add some code without any unit test, the PR will fail