dubbo-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Liu <liu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On a user list
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 06:18:19 GMT

One more question. If we create an issue in github (or JIRA, not decided yet) after having
a discussion here the @dev list. How to ensure that the discussions on both sides are synchronized
after the creation of github issue, because it seem reasonable to track on either side. For
me it would happen on github issue then.

> On 8 Mar 2018, at 5:47 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 08/03/18 08:09, jun liu wrote:
>> Thanks for your advice to dubbo community, Adrian.
>>
>> I agree with the potential problems or even challenges you mentioned. But when other
channels are not forced to be closed, people can still have discussions on github issues or
gitter channels, only remember to bring the decision making ones here the @dev list.

> My strong recommendation is that all development discussion moves to the
> dev@ list.
>
> Projects can have a range of user support channels (IRC, Gitter,
> HipChat, mailing list, Stack overflow) as the project feels necessary.
>
>> Finally, i’d like to see the github issue to be a pure place for tracking determined
requirements, enhancements, bugs or high suspicious bugs,

> That seems sensible to me. Mixing bugs and support issues in the same
> tracker might make it hard for people to work with.
>
>> while casual discussions or decisions can be raised here. I don’t know  whether
a github issue should working that way, but a user/dev list would definitely helps to reach
there, so i would choose to be a good boy and follow the mentor’s guidance, see what will
happen using both mailing list and github issue at the incubator phase.

will be sent to the @dev list automatically after a proper repo migration.