dubbo-dev mailing list archives

From jun liu <ken.lj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The problem of deploying Dubbo to K8S
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 00:44:09 GMT
If you deploy dubbo in a pure container like docker, it is your responsibility to specify the
address(ip&port) for communication.

About K8S, I know K8S has a concept of service and can deploy service, discover service, loadbalance
between services automatically, these service governance capabilities are equivalent to those
in dubbo to some extend. And there is a virtual network for communication between nodes or
services in K8S. But dubbo cannot make use of K8S's underlying service management and scheduling
abilities now. I think dubbo should work as a pure RPC framework in K8S, like what gRPC do.
A basic precondition is that dubbo should be made assemble-able(core RPC, registry, cluster,
...),  we expect to reach that goal in a future version of 2.6.x.

 Only my opinion, need to learn more about K8S, anyone has other suggestions?

> On 13 Mar 2018, at 10:54 AM, 小马 <420567894@qq.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all
> Good day.
> I have been confronted with a problem recently. I deploy the Dubbo container project
on K8S. When I found out in this way (https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-docker-sample), it was
easy to cause the host port conflict. Is there a way to implement service registration and
service discovery in a docker container directly?