dubbo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Luo <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to add Apache license head to the files of hessian-lite sub project
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 05:38:00 GMT
Hi Xin,

Then we need to rollback what we made in hessian-lite module and keep the original license/author
info as is. As Justin suggested, pls. also cross check LICENSE file.

Thanks,
-Ian.

> On 14 Mar 2018, at 5:47 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> It seems to be a combination of a BSD license and Apache which is slightly confusing.
IMO nothing needs to go in NOTICE but we probably need to look into it in a little more detail.

> Which is what The Apache 1.1 license is (i.e. a modified BSD one) it’s been a while
since I’ve looked at the text from ALv1.1. As far as a release goes IMO the LICENSE txt
needs to go in (or be pointed at) in LICENSE, [1] nothing should be added to NOTICE [2] (as
the text is included in LICENSE) and the headers should be left on the existing code as is.