dubbo-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: How to add Apache license head to the files of hessian-lite sub project
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:47:09 GMT
Hi,

> It seems to be a combination of a BSD license and Apache which is slightly confusing.
IMO nothing needs to go in NOTICE but we probably need to look into it in a little more detail.

Which is what The Apache 1.1 license is (i.e. a modified BSD one) it’s been a while since
I’ve looked at the text from ALv1.1. As far as a release goes IMO the LICENSE txt needs
to go in (or be pointed at) in LICENSE, [1] nothing should be added to NOTICE [2] (as the
text is included in LICENSE) and the headers should be left on the existing code as is.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#required-third-party-notices