druid-dev mailing list archives

From leerho <lee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ItemsSketch Aggregator in druid-datasketches extension
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2021 23:55:34 GMT
We are busy at the moment trying to get new releases of datasketches-memory
followed by a new release of datasketches-java out the door.  This pair of
releases will give us compatibility with JDK 8 through JDK 13.  After that,
we will work with the Druid team to update the datasketches adaptor in
Druid, followed by a Druid release that can take advantage of this new
capability.

In order to enable the REQ sketch for Druid, it will have to be carefully
updated to enable off-heap (Direct) operation.  Then the Druid datasketches
adaptor will need to be updated to accommodate the new, off-heap REQ
sketch.

As you can tell, this is quite a bit of work.  So contributions into this
effort would be greatly appreciated.  Interested?

Cheers,

Lee.