druid-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Wei <jon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Druid repo migration plan
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2018 01:10:05 GMT
> I generally approve of this idea, as long as Apache INFRA is willing and
able to make it happen. I know it’s straightforward to move a git
repository from a GitHub project to any other place, but I’m not sure
whether it’s possible to move GitHub issues etc. from one project to the
next. When Superset made the move, did they just move the repo, or did they
move issues/stars/PRs as well? Were Apache INFRA OK with this?

Transferring ownership of the repo would preserve the issues/stars/PRs:
https://help.github.com/articles/about-repository-transfers/

The Superset migration (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14267)
referenced Airflow as a model; based on this comment on the Airflow
migration (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11776?focusedCommentId=15261771&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-15261771),
ASF INFRA is OK with that kind of migration.

It looks like we agree on this plan, so I'll go ahead and file the
migration JIRA issue.

Thanks,
Jon