drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Drill's Future
Date Fri, 15 May 2020 14:48:39 GMT
Dear Drill Users,
I hope everyone weathering the COVID storm and staying safe.

As you may or may not be aware, I found out this week that MapR's successor, HPE has for all
intents and purposes ended its support for Drill.  Whilst they will be contributing minimal
bug fixes, they will not be adding any new functionality or new features.  This leaves the
open source Drill without a primary backer.  Under the Apache rules, to commit code to the
code base it must be reviewed and voted upon. While we have committers, we do not currently
have enough code reviewers to review new commits.

My question to you as a Drill user is whether or not Drill is offering value to you and your
organization.  If it is, and you would like to see Drill development continue, then we need
additional volunteers to step up and review pull requests.

If you're interested in reviewing code for Drill, please let me know.

Thank you for your continued support and stay safe!
-- Charles