drill-user mailing list archives

From Kyrill Alyoshin <kyrill...@gmail.com>
Subject Querying wide rows with Drill
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 19:08:22 GMT
Guys,

We have some time series data stored in a "wide row" in mapr-db. The column
is the timestamp, the value is some number. Is there any
documentation/blogs/links as to how we could query it with Drill? I mean I
realize that we can issue a "select * from..." but is it possible to do
more? I mean this row has other columns (in other column families).

Would it be possible to create a join between the columns in the main
"named" column family and the "wide" one so that we get multiple rows (as
if the wide row was a separate table)?

Is it possible to apply function predicates to "wide" data? Say, we want
the latest value or the average one?

If none of this is possible, where would we need to dig in the Drill code
base to add these features?

Thank you!

-Kyrill