drill-user mailing list archives

From Steven Phillips <sphill...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Querying wide rows with Drill
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:45:15 GMT
To clarify, when I said a new HBaseRecordReader, I was referring to the
Drill class that reads data using the HBase client and writes into the
ValueVectors. In the current implementation, we have a vector for each
column, which would mean for a sparse table, we would end up with
potentially millions of vectors, which would not be very efficient at all.

In the new implementation, we would simply have a RepeatedMapVector, with a
Key and Value vector nested inside. You are correct that this will work
without any special support from DB layer.

--
 Steven Phillips
 Software Engineer

 mapr.com