drill-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Matta <cma...@mapr.com>
Subject Query on CSV data not returning to the sqlline prompt
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2014 20:24:00 GMT
My data is in a directory on a 4 node MapR cluster, the csv files are
partitioned into 4 dirs, each with 100 csv files with 10 million records,
totaling 4 billion records.

When I do a SELECT * FROM FACT LIMIT 10; the data returns, however the
sqlline prompt never comes back and the profile says the query is still
running. I can ctrl+c the query which returns the10 rows selected (360.949
seconds) report and the sqlline prompt, but the profiles page shows the
query as still running.

The drillbit.log doesn’t show any errors during this.

Seems like a bug, but I would like to gather more evidence before
submitting it, any ideas?

Chris Matta
cmatta@mapr.com
215-701-3146