drill-user mailing list archives

From Tridib Samanta <tridib.sama...@live.com>
Subject RE: Apache Drill stuck for long time
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:57:32 GMT
Well, this seems to be not working. I ran the same query with increased memory. It got stuck
again. I am getting very disappointed. :(. Is there anything I doing wrong?

Thanks
Tridib

> From: tridib.samanta@live.com
> To: drill-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Apache Drill stuck for long time
> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:50:28 -0700
>
> Hi Mufeed,
> I ran select count(*) from source;
>
> It came back with the count after 20 mins. There were 12 million json doc. I definitely
got to improve the performance. But not sure where to look at. I am looking at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG6vzsk8T7E&list=UUKmI-fBjvKexRlBBeVTwrrg
. Do you have any other option documentation to speed up the query?

> Thanks
> Tridib
>
> From: tridib.samanta@live.com
> To: drill-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Apache Drill stuck for long time
> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:24:11 -0700
>

> Hi Mufeed,
> I am using apache-drill-0.5.0-incubating. It's setup in our private cloud. Drillbit's
log shows

> 2014-10-29 13:18:56,784 [f997d3d6-f163-4a64-a157-301a153f52f5:frag:0:0] DEBUG o.a.d.exec.compile.ClassTransformer
- Done compiling (bytecode size=3.9 KiB, time:51 millis).