drill-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rodrigues <alex.jose.rodrig...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom functions with arbitrary number of arguments + improving physical plan on known cases
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:15:24 GMT
Hi drillers,

I have two questions regarding custom functions.

*Question 1* – how to implement a function with arbitrary arguments

I am trying to implement a function that accepts an arbitrary number of
arguments, like the following:

SELECT * FROM somesource ss
WHERE foo(ss.a, ss.b, 1, 2, 3, 4)

Foo function will return a boolean.
How can I have a SimpleFunction accept more than 2 arguments (left and
right)?

*Question 2* - if there's a way to limit the search scope with an heuristic
(e.g. scan range in a HBase table), how can I hint the runtime or 'affect'
the physical plan through custom code? Is this possible?

Thanks,
Alex