drill-user mailing list archives

From Kunal Khatua <kkha...@maprtech.com>
Subject RE: Apache Drill Installation : select * from sys.drillbits Failing
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 17:32:34 GMT
If the JAVA_HOME is set in a terminal session (like a screen session),
switching might not pick up the changes. Usually, logging into a new session
(with an updated bash profile, if you use bash) should pick up the correct
Java and obviate the need for a cluster restart.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Knorr [mailto:bknorr001@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 9:00 AM
To: drill-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Drill Installation : select * from sys.drillbits Failing

I had an issue with this previously.  I had opendk installed and got this
issue.  I switched to Oracle JDK, and still had the issue.  It seemed that
restarting Drill wasn't enough to recognize the switch in java versions.  I
shut down the cluster (for other reasons), and once I brought it back up,
everything worked fine.