drill-user mailing list archives

From Bert M. <bgml...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot add an HDFS storage plugin
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:47:06 GMT

Neeraja Rentachintala <nrentachintala@...> writes:

> Are you able to query the local file system successfully.?
> The doc

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Connecting+to+Data+Sources
#ConnectingtoD
ataSources-QueryingaFileSystem
>  has info on the sample hdfs connection under 'querying file system'.
>  Is this not working for you.
>
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Bert M <bgmlist@...> wrote:
>
> > Hello - I get a "Unable to create/ update plugin:" error on any attempts
> > to add an HDFS storage destination via the Storage-plugin configuration UI.
> > An example config is:
> > {  "type": "file",  "enabled": true,  "connection":
> > "hdfs://ip-xxx-yyy-zzz.ec2.internal:8020",}
> >
> > I've also tried a plain "connection": "hdfs:///" variation too, without
> > much success.This is with both, the binary distribution for drill-M2 as
> > well as a compiled version from the top of the tree, deployed on a CDH5.1
> > stack.
> >  I couldn't find any docs or examples beyond the simple one in the wiki
> > which shows the second plain hdfs:/// variation.  Could someone help point
> > me in the right direction?
> > Thanks,B

Yes, I'm able to create or modify storage configs with local filesystems
and use them successfully. The problem is that I cannot create/update
a storage config to use an hdfs location (and yes, that
hdfs location does work correctly, both directly and in other
hadoop based applications).

This behavior is exhibited with the example config from the doc too, viz.:
{
  "type": "file",
  "enabled": true,
  "connection": "hdfs:///",
    "workspaces": {
    "root": {
      "location": "/",
      "writable": false,
      "storageformat": null
     }
   }
}

This works fine with "connection": "file:///", but the following error is
generated with the  "connection": "hdfs:///"

2014-07-30 18:39:36,007 [qtp353753254-71] DEBUG
o.a.d.e.server.rest.StorageResources - Unable to create/ update plugin: zfs

Are any other settings required to enable HDFS access in Drill?

Thanks,