drill-user mailing list archives

From Firas Khasawneh <kfi...@gmail.com>
Subject insert and query from hbase table
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 16:46:30 GMT
Hi all,

I created a table in hbase and I tried to insert values and query from that
table but I am not able to find how I can specify column family name in an
insert or select statements. Below are more details:

0: jdbc:drill:schema=hbasetest> select * from hbasetest.test;

+------------+------------+

|  row_key   |    cf.a    |

+------------+------------+

| [B@c57cac7 | [B@57c1d525 |

+------------+------------+

1 row selected (0.08 seconds)

Select cf.a from hbasetest.test does not work I tried cf:a and nothing
worked.

insert into hbasetest.test values('row2','value2'); fails also/ I get the
following message: "Failure while parsing sql. < ValidationException:[
org.eigenbase.util.EigenbaseContextException: From line 1, column 23 to
line 1, column 26 ] < EigenbaseContextException:[ From line 1, column 23 to
line 1, column 26 ] < SqlValidatorException:[ Number of INSERT target
columns (1) does not equal number of source items (2) ]"

I tried many combinations but nothing worked. I am not able to find any
docs also on sql syntax fro Drill.

Thanks,

Firas