drill-user mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on security - support for encryption of data at rest and in flight, and user authentication
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 02:15:09 GMT
Hi simon,

We certainly have goals to add security to Drill, but currently nothing has
been done on this front as far as I know. One of our developers Steven
Phillips recently completed a hive storage engine, which should support any
on disk encrypted formats supported by Hive.

So far the creation of users sessions and communication between nodes is
all unencrypted. Thanks for your interest in Drill, you can feel free to
join us at our hangout tomorrow at 9am Pacific if you would like to talk
about our plans for security in Drill.

-Jason