drill-user mailing list archives

From Jinfeng Ni <jinfengn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for distinct, count
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:06:54 GMT
Hi Madhu,

1.  count(_MAP[filed]) should work, if you specify the correct field name.
If the field name does not exist in your parquet file, then it will
complain "NULL type is not supported.".  This is something we need fix.

2. distinct aggregation is currently not supported yet.

For other SQL functions, we are working on implementing a subset of common
SQL functions.

3. It would be better if you download the source code and get the latest
version.

4. AFAIK, drill currently does not support creating tables.