drill-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on security - support for encryption of data at rest and in flight, and user authentication
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 06:55:39 GMT
Drill doesn't address the storage issue at all.  This makes the question of
data encryption at rest moot, at least for Drill.

Secure handshake between nodes is relatively easy.  Full link encryption is
likely pretty expensive on top of that and gives little incremental benefit
over handshake.  None of this is implemented yet.