drill-user mailing list archives

From Tom Kiley <...@kiley.us>
Subject Sequence File Suport
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 13:49:03 GMT
Hello,

Are there plans to support Hadoop's Sequence File (
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/SequenceFile.)  Or are they already supported
and I missed it?  I could see this being useful to use Drill on the output
of MapReduce jobs.

The sequence files I have are currently all NULL keys and JSON objects as
the value.  Does anyone have a recommendation on converting to JSON files
or Parquet files for Drill?  The JSON objects are generally the same
format, but there may be some outliers with differences.  Some fields may
be non-existant in some objects.

Thanks,
Tom

P.S. Apologies for the noob questions.  I've just started looking at Drill.