drill-user mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject hangout notes Dec 17
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:55:04 GMT
Hi all,

Attached are notes from this weeks hangout.

Michael, if you would like to add my gmail address as an editor to the
hangout document I can post my notes there without making you copy them.

Jacques - I took some notes during your brief description of the code
generation system. I have copied them below if you would like to expand on
it a little bit and throw it up on the wiki

- question to jacques? how does code generation work
        - methods need to be implemented
        - methods bodies need to be inserted somewhere
        - simple scaler function- do setup, do eval
        - scalar function is added to setup, eval added to do_eval
        - mapping sets map function bodies to any function you want to
        - in join, you have 6-8 abstract methods, that need to be populated
        - apply multiple expression trees to each of the methods
        - the mapping set is how you map particular expressions to the
functions

- Jason Altekruse