drill-user mailing list archives

From Madhu Borkar <backmeup...@gmail.com>
Subject How to load data in Drill
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 06:16:10 GMT
I have devlopment MapR cluster. I have installed Apache Drill using
binaries. I could run queries with sample-data.

I decided to load test data using pig. Here is my code

---------------------------------

REGISTER file:/home/mapr/lib/parquet-pig-bundle-1.2.5.jar

data = LOAD '$DATA'

                USING PigStorage(',')

as (

      user:    chararray,

      street: chararray,

      state:          chararray,

      city:           chararray,

      type:  chararray

  );

A = LIMIT data 3;

dump A;

fs -rmr /mapr-hive/parquet/data;

STORE data INTO '/mapr-hive/parquet/data' using parquet.pig.ParquetStorer();

----------------------

Pig script writes to output. I moved data under apache drill directory.

select * from "real-data/users.parquet";

but when I try to query this data I get rpc error?

Query failed: org.apache.drill.exec.rpc.RpcException: Remote failure while
running query.[error_id: "04ac52e4-b49e-45b8-82c5-cf480154eefd"

endpoint {

  address: "Node.etouch.net"

  user_port: 31010

  bit_port: 32011

}

error_type: 0

message: "Failure while running fragment. < NullPointerException"

]

Please, provide me help how to load data in Apache Drill.?

Is there MapR configuration needed for Drill?

Regards