drill-user mailing list archives

From Tom Seddon <mr.tom.sed...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drill Masters Project
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 09:25:20 GMT
Thanks Jacques.  I'm very happy to get involved and share my experiences.

I'm looking for the best way to set up a cluster now.  In terms of
evaluating Drill's performance, do you think it's especially important to
have a system that would be close in performance to a production cluster,
or would it be worthwhile exploring it on a small scale?  Problem being a
student, my budget is limited, so I'm exploring things like Raspberry Pi
clusters, which I think don't have linear performance improvements as you
scale out.  I'm also enquiring about EC2 or GCE student licensing.