drill-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Drill Release
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 22:46:18 GMT
Hey There

Welcome to the land of Drill.  Drill is still an incubating project
and I a number of contributors are primarily focused on building their
individual pieces.  We also do regular weekly Tuesday standups that
have been very helpful.  However, we've been lax on reporting those
discussions back to the list and need to do a better job.  (Feel to
drop by at any of them if you'd like).

We're focused on an alpha now.  Once that is in place, I think you'll
see an increase in list activity.

When will Drill be ready for primetime?  We're a ways out still.
Unless you're a developer or a passionate early adopter, you'll
probably want to wait for a beta... which I would estimate for the
Q3/Q4 timeframe.

As far as visualization tools, we're really focused on JDBC and ODBC
and standard SQL so those tools should work well as we get further
along.  Additionally, one of the core Pentaho contributors also
contributes on Drill so you'll likely see a strong interoperability
between those systems.

Thanks,
Jacques