drill-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacques.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High-level architecture
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:01:01 GMT
Like it.  You should probably add jdbc and odbc as input and output interfaces

On Jan 29, 2013, at 5:06 AM, Michael Hausenblas
<michael.hausenblas@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Motivated by the fact that I find myself explaining Drill more and more often lately
I thought it might be useful to provide a high-level view on the architecture of Drill. So,
I gave it a shot and you can find the result at [1] - note that also the OmniGraffle source
is attached to this page in case someone wants to tweak it.

> This high-level architecture diagram was created with the following in mind:
>
> * Providing a quick overview of the features, interfaces and ecosystem ...
> * ... while aiming not *only* at a technical audience
> * Summarising the various discussions around desired data sources and query languages
supported

> One aspect I find very important and that I tried to highlight is the human in the loop:
being an interactive system, this should clearly be in the centre of attention?