drill-user mailing list archives

From "cechezabal@gmail.com" <cecheza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello Drill Team.
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2012 21:11:51 GMT
I'm collecting, send along and I will pull together for everyone.

Chris

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

--- Original Message ---

From: Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
Sent: December 16, 2012 12/16/12
To: drill-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hello Drill Team.

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Marcel Schlimper <mschlimp@gmail.com>wrote:

> Based on this data our customer make queries to group and count number of
> users for different attributes.

This sounds like an ideal candidate for Drill.

Your timeframe also sounds about right.

> I know that there is no complete drill version to pay with but if there is
> anything that I can do to support the project please let me know.

Can you make up a pretend data schema and then list the top 5-10 queries
that you think would be important for your application?

Somebody (forgot the name) is collecting these and we intend to have a
strong set of sample queries for testing.  Having realistic use cases is
really important there.

I can create portions of the web-site for use cases when we have a few
collected.