drill-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Psaltis <Andrew.Psal...@Webtrends.com>
Subject RE: What do you want out of Apache Drill?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 20:33:00 GMT
> So, What do you want Apache Drill to help you with?

I also want what Julian wants in respect to #1 (A SQL interface in addition to DrQL interface),
but Santa I also would like the following:

1.  An ability to generate a plan for a Map Reduce framework, more specifically to generate
a plan that can be executed by Spark.  That plan can start with the stack at a low level that
then we could walk and do the "correct" thing in Spark.
2. A follow on to #2 would be to generate the Java or Scala code that could be used to drive
then generation of a Spark RDD

I realize that this is perhaps outside of the scope of Drill, but I would be willing and ready
to work on making this gift a become reality.

Thanks,
Andrew

Dear Santa,

Here's what I'd like: