drill-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nested collections (e.g. JSON arrays) and drill queries
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 04:47:34 GMT
It it is the within clause that you are interested in, at the physical plan
layer, this is expressed as EXPLODE/AGGREGATE.  Explode creates a batched
data flow which contains values from the nested collection.  The aggregate
injects the results back into the original records.

How this is implemented at the execution layer is more flexible.  The
EXPLODE/AGGREGATE pattern could be recognized and optimized into a loop
that explicitly does the aggregation, especially for well-known aggregates.