drill-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Khurram Faraaz (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (DRILL-3468) CTAS IOB
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 18:34:05 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3468?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Khurram Faraaz updated DRILL-3468:
----------------------------------
    Affects Version/s:     (was: 1.1.0)
                       1.2.0

> CTAS IOB
> --------
>
>                 Key: DRILL-3468
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3468
>             Project: Apache Drill
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Execution - Flow
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.0
>            Reporter: Khurram Faraaz
>            Assignee: Steven Phillips
>            Priority: Critical
>
> I am seeing a IOB when I use same table name in CTAS, after deleting the previously create
parquet file.
> {code}
> 0: jdbc:drill:schema=dfs.tmp> CREATE TABLE tbl_allData AS SELECT CAST(columns[0] as
INT ), CAST(columns[1] as BIGINT ), CAST(columns[2] as CHAR(2) ), CAST(columns[3] as VARCHAR(52)
), CAST(columns[4] as TIMESTAMP ), CAST(columns[5] as DATE ), CAST(columns[6] as BOOLEAN ),
CAST(columns[7] as DOUBLE), CAST( columns[8] as TIME) FROM `allData.csv`;
> +-----------+----------------------------+
> | Fragment  | Number of records written  |
> +-----------+----------------------------+
> | 0_0       | 11196                      |
> +-----------+----------------------------+
> 1 row selected (1.864 seconds)
> {code}
> Remove the parquet file that was created by the above CTAS.
> {code}
> [root@centos-01 aggregates]# hadoop fs -ls /tmp/tbl_allData
> Found 1 items
> -rwxr-xr-x   3 mapr mapr     397868 2015-07-07 21:08 /tmp/tbl_allData/0_0_0.parquet
> [root@centos-01 aggregates]# hadoop fs -rm /tmp/tbl_allData/0_0_0.parquet
> 15/07/07 21:10:47 INFO Configuration.deprecation: io.bytes.per.checksum is deprecated.
Instead, use dfs.bytes-per-checksum
> 15/07/07 21:10:47 INFO fs.TrashPolicyDefault: Namenode trash configuration: Deletion
interval = 0 minutes, Emptier interval = 0 minutes.
> Deleted /tmp/tbl_allData/0_0_0.parquet
> {code}
> I see a IOB when I CTAS with same table name as the one that was removed in the above
step.
> {code}
> 0: jdbc:drill:schema=dfs.tmp> CREATE TABLE tbl_allData AS SELECT CAST(columns[0] as
INT ), CAST(columns[1] as BIGINT ), CAST(columns[2] as CHAR(2) ), CAST(columns[3] as VARCHAR(52)
), CAST(columns[4] as TIMESTAMP ), CAST(columns[5] as DATE ), CAST(columns[6] as BOOLEAN ),
CAST(columns[7] as DOUBLE), CAST( columns[8] as TIME) FROM `lessData.csv`;
> Error: SYSTEM ERROR: IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
> [Error Id: 6d6df8e9-699c-4475-8ad3-183c0a91dc99 on centos-02.qa.lab:31010] (state=,code=0)
> {code}
> stack trace from drillbit.log
> {code}
> org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.ForemanException: Unexpected exception during fragment
initialization: Failure while trying to check if a table or view with given name [tbl_allData]
already exists in schema [dfs.tmp]: Index: 0, Size: 0
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman.run(Foreman.java:253) [drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
[na:1.7.0_45]
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
[na:1.7.0_45]
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [na:1.7.0_45]
> Caused by: org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.DrillRuntimeException: Failure while trying
to check if a table or view with given name [tbl_allData] already exists in schema [dfs.tmp]:
Index: 0, Size: 0
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.SqlHandlerUtil.getTableFromSchema(SqlHandlerUtil.java:222)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.CreateTableHandler.getPlan(CreateTableHandler.java:88)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.DrillSqlWorker.getPlan(DrillSqlWorker.java:178)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman.runSQL(Foreman.java:903) [drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman.run(Foreman.java:242) [drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         ... 3 common frames omitted
> Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
>         at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635) ~[na:1.7.0_45]
>         at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:411) ~[na:1.7.0_45]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.FileSelection.getFirstPath(FileSelection.java:100)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.BasicFormatMatcher.isReadable(BasicFormatMatcher.java:75)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.WorkspaceSchemaFactory$WorkspaceSchema.create(WorkspaceSchemaFactory.java:303)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.WorkspaceSchemaFactory$WorkspaceSchema.create(WorkspaceSchemaFactory.java:118)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.ExpandingConcurrentMap.getNewEntry(ExpandingConcurrentMap.java:96)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.ExpandingConcurrentMap.get(ExpandingConcurrentMap.java:90)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.WorkspaceSchemaFactory$WorkspaceSchema.getTable(WorkspaceSchemaFactory.java:241)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.SqlHandlerUtil.getTableFromSchema(SqlHandlerUtil.java:219)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         ... 7 common frames omitted
> 2015-07-07 21:12:14,643 [2a63bf51-09ff-467b-1aab-df2b5030e9b9:foreman] INFO  o.a.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman
- foreman cleaning up.
> 2015-07-07 21:12:14,648 [2a63bf51-09ff-467b-1aab-df2b5030e9b9:foreman] ERROR o.a.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman
- SYSTEM ERROR: IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
> [Error Id: 6d6df8e9-699c-4475-8ad3-183c0a91dc99 on centos-02.qa.lab:31010]
> org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserException: SYSTEM ERROR: IndexOutOfBoundsException:
Index: 0, Size: 0
> [Error Id: 6d6df8e9-699c-4475-8ad3-183c0a91dc99 on centos-02.qa.lab:31010]
>         at org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserException$Builder.build(UserException.java:523)
~[drill-common-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman$ForemanResult.close(Foreman.java:737)
[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman$StateSwitch.processEvent(Foreman.java:839)
[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman$StateSwitch.processEvent(Foreman.java:781)
[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.common.EventProcessor.sendEvent(EventProcessor.java:73) [drill-common-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman$StateSwitch.moveToState(Foreman.java:783)
[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman.moveToState(Foreman.java:892) [drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman.run(Foreman.java:253) [drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
[na:1.7.0_45]
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
[na:1.7.0_45]
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [na:1.7.0_45]
> Caused by: org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.ForemanException: Unexpected exception
during fragment initialization: Failure while trying to check if a table or view with given
name [tbl_allData] already exists in schema [dfs.tmp]: Index: 0, Size: 0
>         ... 4 common frames omitted
> Caused by: org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.DrillRuntimeException: Failure while trying
to check if a table or view with given name [tbl_allData] already exists in schema [dfs.tmp]:
Index: 0, Size: 0
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.SqlHandlerUtil.getTableFromSchema(SqlHandlerUtil.java:222)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.CreateTableHandler.getPlan(CreateTableHandler.java:88)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.DrillSqlWorker.getPlan(DrillSqlWorker.java:178)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman.runSQL(Foreman.java:903) [drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman.run(Foreman.java:242) [drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         ... 3 common frames omitted
> Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
>         at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635) ~[na:1.7.0_45]
>         at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:411) ~[na:1.7.0_45]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.FileSelection.getFirstPath(FileSelection.java:100)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.BasicFormatMatcher.isReadable(BasicFormatMatcher.java:75)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.WorkspaceSchemaFactory$WorkspaceSchema.create(WorkspaceSchemaFactory.java:303)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.WorkspaceSchemaFactory$WorkspaceSchema.create(WorkspaceSchemaFactory.java:118)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.ExpandingConcurrentMap.getNewEntry(ExpandingConcurrentMap.java:96)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.ExpandingConcurrentMap.get(ExpandingConcurrentMap.java:90)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.WorkspaceSchemaFactory$WorkspaceSchema.getTable(WorkspaceSchemaFactory.java:241)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         at org.apache.drill.exec.planner.sql.handlers.SqlHandlerUtil.getTableFromSchema(SqlHandlerUtil.java:219)
~[drill-java-exec-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
>         ... 7 common frames omitted
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message