drill-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chris Westin (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (DRILL-3287) Changing session level parameter back to the default value does not change it's status back to DEFAULT
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 20:43:04 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3287?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Chris Westin updated DRILL-3287:
--------------------------------
    Fix Version/s:     (was: 1.2.0)
                   1.3.0

> Changing session level parameter back to the default value does not change it's status
back to DEFAULT
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DRILL-3287
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3287
>             Project: Apache Drill
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Execution - Flow
>            Reporter: Victoria Markman
>            Assignee: Sudheesh Katkam
>             Fix For: 1.3.0
>
>
> Initial state:
> {code}
> 0: jdbc:drill:schema=dfs> select * from sys.options where status like '%CHANGED%';
> +-----------------------------------+----------+---------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> |               name                |   kind   |  type   |  status  | num_val  | string_val
 | bool_val  | float_val  |
> +-----------------------------------+----------+---------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> | planner.enable_decimal_data_type  | BOOLEAN  | SYSTEM  | CHANGED  | null     | null
       | true      | null       |
> +-----------------------------------+----------+---------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> 1 row selected (0.247 seconds)
> {code}
> I changed session parameter:
> {code}
> 0: jdbc:drill:schema=dfs> alter session set `planner.enable_hashjoin` = false;
> +-------+-----------------------------------+
> |  ok   |              summary              |
> +-------+-----------------------------------+
> | true  | planner.enable_hashjoin updated.  |
> +-------+-----------------------------------+
> 1 row selected (0.1 seconds)
> {code}
> So far, so good: it appears on changed options list: 
> {code}
> 0: jdbc:drill:schema=dfs> select * from sys.options where status like '%CHANGED%';
> +-----------------------------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> |               name                |   kind   |   type   |  status  | num_val  | string_val
 | bool_val  | float_val  |
> +-----------------------------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> | planner.enable_decimal_data_type  | BOOLEAN  | SYSTEM   | CHANGED  | null     | null
       | true      | null       |
> | planner.enable_hashjoin           | BOOLEAN  | SESSION  | CHANGED  | null     | null
       | false     | null       |
> +-----------------------------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> 2 rows selected (0.133 seconds)
> {code}
> I changed session parameter back to it's default value:
> {code}
> 0: jdbc:drill:schema=dfs> alter session set `planner.enable_hashjoin` = true;
> +-------+-----------------------------------+
> |  ok   |              summary              |
> +-------+-----------------------------------+
> | true  | planner.enable_hashjoin updated.  |
> +-------+-----------------------------------+
> 1 row selected (0.096 seconds)
> {code}
> {color:red} It still appears on changed list, even though it has default value:{color}
> {code}
> 0: jdbc:drill:schema=dfs> select * from sys.options where status like '%CHANGED%';
> +-----------------------------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> |               name                |   kind   |   type   |  status  | num_val  | string_val
 | bool_val  | float_val  |
> +-----------------------------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> | planner.enable_decimal_data_type  | BOOLEAN  | SYSTEM   | CHANGED  | null     | null
       | true      | null       |
> | planner.enable_hashjoin           | BOOLEAN  | SESSION  | CHANGED  | null     | null
       | true      | null       |
> +-----------------------------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+-------------+-----------+------------+
> 2 rows selected (0.124 seconds)
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message