drill-dev mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Vysotskyi <volody...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.18.0 - RC0
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2020 19:09:27 GMT
Verified checksums and signatures for binary and source tarballs and for
jars published to the maven repo.
Run all unit tests on Ubuntu with JDK 8 using tar with sources.
Run Drill in embedded mode on Ubuntu, submitted several queries, verified
that profiles displayed correctly.
Checked JDBC driver using SQuirreL SQL client and custom java client,
ensured that it works correctly with the custom authenticator.

+1 (binding)

Kind regards,
Volodymyr Vysotskyi

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 1:37 PM Volodymyr Vysotskyi <volodymyr@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have looked into the DRILL-7785, and the problem is not in Drill, so it
> is not a blocker for the release.
> For more details please refer to my comment
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7785?focusedCommentId=17187629&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17187629>
> on this ticket.
>
> Kind regards,
> Volodymyr Vysotskyi
>

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 4:26 AM Abhishek Girish <agirish@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Yup we can certainly include it if RC0 fails. So far I’m inclined to not
>> consider it a blocker. I’ve requested Vova and Anton to take a look.
>>
>> So folks, please continue to test the candidate.
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 6:16 PM Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Ok.  Are you looking to include DRILL-7785?  I don't think it's a
>> blocker,
>> > but if we find anything with RC0... let's make sure we get it in.
>> >
>> > -- C

>> master

>> yet.

>> > far,