drill-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <prog...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drill 1.12.0 release
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 17:28:40 GMT
Hi Arina,

In addition to my own PRs, there are several in the “active” queue that we could get in
if we can just push them over the line and clear the queue. The owners of the PRs should check
if we are waiting on them to take action.

977	DRILL-5849: Add freemarker lib to dependencyManagement to ensure prop…
976	DRILL-5797: Choose parquet reader from read columns
975	DRILL-5743: Handling column family and column scan for hbase
973	DRILL-5775: Select * query on a maprdb binary table fails
972	DRILL-5838: Fix MaprDB filter pushdown for the case of nested field (reg. of DRILL-4264)
950	Drill 5431: SSL Support
949	DRILL-5795: Parquet Filter push down at rowgroup level
936	DRILL-5772: Add unit tests to indicate how utf-8 support can be enabled / disabled in
Drill
904	DRILL-5717: change some date time test cases with specific timezone or Local
892	DRILL-5645: negation of expression causes null pointer exception
889	DRILL-5691: enhance scalar sub queries checking for the cartesian join

(Items not on the list above have become “inactive” for a variety of reasons.)

Thanks,

- Paul

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 9:57 AM, Paul Rogers <progers@mapr.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Arina,
>
> I’d like to include the following that are needed to finish up the “managed” sort
and spill-to-disk for hash agg:

> #928: DRILL-5716: Queue-driven memory allocation
> #958, DRILL-5808: Reduce memory allocator strictness for "managed" operators
> #960, DRILL-5815: Option to set query memory as percent of total
>
> The following is needed to resolve issues with HBase support in empty batches:
>
> #968, DRILL-5830: Resolve regressions to MapR DB from DRILL-5546
>
> The following are nice-to-haves that build on work already done in this release, and
that some of my own work depends on:

> #970, DRILL-5832: Migrate OperatorFixture to use SystemOptionManager rather than mock

> #978: DRILL-5842: Refactor and simplify the fragment, operator contexts for testing
>
> The following is not needed for 1.12 per-se, but is the foundation for a project I’m
working on; would be good to get this in after 2-3 months of review time:

> #921, foundation for batch size limitation
>
> The key issue with each of the above is that they each need a committer to review. Some
have reviews from non-committers. Any volunteers?