drill-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Mucker" <matt...@mucker.net>
Subject Re: Newbie: Help debugging Drill
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 13:53:43 GMT
Charles,

I'm querying a Parquet file that I created by running a bunch of .json
through Kite SDK. The data describes playback of video assets by mobile
devices. The exact query that's causing the exception is:

select internalsessionid,
flatten(playbacksegments['array'])['playbackstarttimestamp'] b from MyTable
limit 4097;

Where internalsessionid is a Guid represented as a string, and
playbacksegments['array'] is an array of complex objects. When my limit is
4096, the query returns successfully. When the limit is 4097 I get the
crash.

My data file contains company proprietary information, so I'm not
able/willing to post it publicly (although I could probably share with the
Drill devs). I attempted to create a dummy file with which to repro the
problem last night, but the problem doesn't manifest with my dummy data.
(argh.)

-M

HI Matthew,

Can you describe the data you are querying and the query you are trying to
execute?

- C

> On Oct 2, 2017, at 17:19, Matthew Mucker <matthew@mucker.net> wrote:

> I became a new Drill user last week only to discover that Drill would
crash

> with an IndexOutOfBounds exception on one of my queries. Some searching
and