drill-dev mailing list archives

From Charuta Rajopadhye <charuta...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom storage plugin for DB supporting PostgreSQL JDBC driver.
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 13:59:22 GMT
Hi Team,

I am trying to develop a storage plugin for a database that supports JDBC
PostgreSQL driver.
Directly using the JDBC storage plugin does not work for my cause because,
my database supports dynamic (objects) datatype, that JDBC storage plugin
does not handle.
In order to remedy this, i think the best way would be to extend JDBC
storage plugin. But a few classes like for instance JdbcTable that i need
to extend have package visiblity.
I’m skeptical of the path i choose to undertake, is extending JDBC the best
way to begin with?
Can someone please provide their thoughts in this regard?

Thanks,
Charuta