drill-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Rozov <vro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Checkstyle Unused Imports
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2017 01:58:42 GMT
Paul, is AutoCloseable warning specific to Eclipse? I don't remember
seeing the same warning in IntelliJ or during compilation.

I know that some communities are significantly more strict regarding
code style and enforce not only unused imports, but also order of
imports and placement of static imports. What is the Drill community
stand on those items?

Thank you,

Vlad

On 9/8/17 18:04, Paul Rogers wrote:
> I clean up the imports as I find them, but it would be nice to do them all at once to
avoid the constant drip-drip-drop of warnings.

> The key problem is the generated code: the templates can’t really tell which imports
are used where. So, we’d need to exclude generated code directories from the check style
rules.

> Drill also has thousands of omitted “@Override” annotations and heavy abuse of AutoCloseable
(which triggers warnings when used outside of try-with-resources).

> At present, Eclipse complains about 17,883 warnings in Drill code.
>
> - Paul
>
>> On Sep 8, 2017, at 4:43 PM, Timothy Farkas <tfarkas@mapr.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've noticed that a lot of files have unused imports, and I frequently accidentally
leave unused imports behind when I do refactoring. So I'd like to enable checkstyle to check
for unused imports.