drill-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <prog...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle Unused Imports
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2017 01:04:59 GMT
I clean up the imports as I find them, but it would be nice to do them all at once to avoid
the constant drip-drip-drop of warnings.

The key problem is the generated code: the templates can’t really tell which imports are
used where. So, we’d need to exclude generated code directories from the check style rules.

Drill also has thousands of omitted “@Override” annotations and heavy abuse of AutoCloseable
(which triggers warnings when used outside of try-with-resources).

At present, Eclipse complains about 17,883 warnings in Drill code.

- Paul

> On Sep 8, 2017, at 4:43 PM, Timothy Farkas <tfarkas@mapr.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I've noticed that a lot of files have unused imports, and I frequently accidentally leave
unused imports behind when I do refactoring. So I'd like to enable checkstyle to check for
unused imports.