drill-dev mailing list archives

From Muhammad Gelbana <m.gelb...@gmail.com>
Subject direct.used on the Metrics page exceeded planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node while running a single query
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2017 23:25:44 GMT
Sorry for the long subject !

I'm running a single query on a single node Drill setup.

I assumed that setting the *planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node* property
controls the max amount of memory (in bytes) for each running on a single
node. Which means that in my setup, the *direct.used* metric in the metrics
page should never exceed that value in my case.

But it did and drastically. I assigned *34359738368* (32 GB) to the
*planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node* option but while monitoring the
*direct.used* metric, I found that it reached *51640484458* (~48 GB).

What did I mistakenly do\interpret ?

Thanks,
Gelbana
​​