drill-dev mailing list archives

From Charuta Rajopadhye <charuta...@gmail.com>
Subject crateDB via Apache Drill
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:44:05 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to connect to crate database via Apache Drill. Went through
Drill docs, but was unable to find pertinent information.

I could connect to my local RDBMS successfully, using the following steps: (
https://drill.apache.org/docs/plugin-configuration-basics/)

1. Visit http://localhost:8047/storage to create new storage plugin.

2. Enter configuration from
https://drill.apache.org/docs/rdbms-storage-plugin/ for mysql

3. Add mysql connector jar in jars/3rdparty

4. In drill-override.conf, add: drill.exec.sys.store.provider.local.path =
"mysql-connector-java-5.1.37-bin.jar"

Performing the exact same steps for crate does not work.

The configuration i used is:

1.

{

  "type": "jdbc",

  "driver": "io.crate.client.jdbc.CrateDriver",

  "url": "crate://localhost:5432/",

  "enabled": false

}

2. Tried this with

crate-jdbc-1.9.1.jar and crate-jdbc-standalone-2.2.0.jar

Please refer: https://crate.io/docs/clients/jdbc/#crate-jdbc-properties

Please let me know if something is amiss. The error fired is not verbose
enough. ( Please retry: error (unable to create/ update storage) )

Please let me know if i am on the right track or it has to be something
else altogether.

Thanks and Regards,

Charuta Rajopadhye